Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome

Happy New Year! I've created this blog to share with you (and hopefully you will reciprocate) my love of food, wine and all things that bring pleasure to our lives through the senses. If you can taste, smell, touch, see or feel it, we can talk about it. Primarily though, I'll be writing to share my thoughts and recipes with you in the hope that we can all broaden our horizons through culinary based discourse.

A revolution has been taking place in St. Louis over the past decade. More good restaurants have opened and are thriving than at any time in the city's history. Foodies are descending on the Gateway City in droves! That has lead to a plethora of food-related businesses finding a home here. For example, St. Louis recently became only the second city (Madison, Wisconsin being the first) to have both a Penzey's Spices store and the highly trendy Vom Fass opening in the same block in Maplewood, Missouri. Maplewood also boasts the ridiculously good Monarch Restaurant (courtesy of Head Chef Josh Galliano and G.M. Matt McGuire) and the just-been-discovered coffee house known as Foundation Grounds.

So many good new eateries are opening their doors in St. Louis that I would wager to say that the city boasts as many good restaurants per capita as any of the more well known foodie enclaves such as New York, Chicago and San Fransisco. Of course, the only way to put my boast to the test is to come here and sample the myriad of high quality restaurants St. Louis has to offer.

One reason for my discussion of the relatively new foodie boom in St. Louis is that it serves as an exciting backdrop for me to share my knowledge and experiences of good food and drink with all of you. A very worthy platform if you will. And so my friends, with a new decade upon us, I welcome you to Food Intuition. I hope the coming weeks and months will produce a dialogue that is as rich and flavorful as the foods, drinks and pleasures which will be the subjects of our blogging. Until then, if you can imagine it, somebody can cook it.

No comments:

Post a Comment